One of the most devastating events than occur in a person’s life is to be affected by a structure fire. Too many fires result in death or serious injury. Many of these deaths are due to inadequate warnings or a delay in assistance. We offer just a few suggestions below to review and consider for your fire safety needs. This is not an exhaustive list, and we highly recommend that you contact a sales representative for a free consultation on your unique needs.
What are some of the fire safety options available?
Please keep in mind this list is not a complete list! Please contact one of our sales representatives to review options that will meet your unique needs: 817-404-4664.
Residential Fire System:
A residential fire system uses a combination of smoke detectors and heat detectors. These detectors will send the signal back to an alarm. Depending on the age of your system, this may or may not be connected to your alarm panel (if you have an alarm system).
Commercial Fire System:
These systems can be basic systems that are just bigger versions of residential systems or they may be much more involved. There are different requirements for different types of businesses and structures.
Supplemental smoke detectors/alarms:
This is usually a battery-operated smoke detector that is not connected to a fire system. These are commonly found over-the-counter at home improvement stores.
Many fire systems can be monitored. Depending on the type of system, this can often be through your existing alarm system. RE Security Solutions offers fire monitoring. See our alarm monitoring section for information on how monitoring works. Rates vary, so contact us for a free quote.
Most commercial buildings require an annual fire inspection, but did you know that monitored residential fire systems also need an annual fire inspection? RE Security Solutions offers residential fire inspections at rates starting at only $95! Fire inspections help to identify problems before they turn into major issues. The inspections also help address those problems so they can be fixed before something happens.
If my system is not monitored, can I still get an inspection?
Most definitely! We recommend that everyone have an inspection of their fire system annually. If you are not monitored, this is a good reason to have an inspection since monitored systems will generally send a signal if there is an issue. An unmonitored system will not notify the central station, or us, that there is a problem so an inspection may help minimize the chances of the system not working when it is needed.
Can someone install the battery operated smoke detectors/alarms?
RE Security Solutions can install the battery operated smoke detectors/alarms for you if needed. Typically, this will include a service trip charge and depending on the number needing to be installed, there may be a minimal per device charge as well. Talk to one of our sales representatives today and schedule a free assessment/quote!
I have an old system, can you work on those?
We can! Please note that smoke detectors that are 10 years old or older will need to be replaced. Some systems have older wiring that is not compatible with current alarm systems and extensive work may be needed for monitoring. We can help determine your needs once we see the system. Give us a call today for a free assessment/quote!
I have insurance, why should I care about fire safety?
Besides the obvious safety reasons, here are a few things you may not have considered:
- Most of your family items, such as photos, journals, your kids’ handmade 1st grade ornament, etc. are irreplaceable. No level of insurance can replace such items.
- Even items that are replaceable are going to take a great deal of time and effort to replace.
- Check that insurance policy. Does it state they will replace full current market, or do they depreciate based on length of time owning the item? Many people find out that some items will not be covered if they have had them long enough.
- What are your maximum coverages? Some items, like jewelry, will have a maximum amount that is covered under a homeowner’s or renter’s policy. You may need a separate policy to cover higher valued items.
- What are the requirements of your policy? There may be a disclaimer that the insurance policy will not cover damage under certain circumstances, such as a structure lacking adequate fire safety equipment (such as smoke detectors/alarms). Some policies will also withhold full payment until a cause is determined.
Why RE Security Solutions?
After spending years in the industry, we have learned a few things that set us apart from those other companies.
- There is no such thing as a one-size fits all fire system. Too many companies are eager to get business by making promises that literally break the law. With rare exceptions, no two systems will be the same. Your system is unique to the requirements of your needs and the layout of your home/building.
- We have been to entirely way too many locations that have not had an inspection in years, the system is out of date, or the system is inoperable and in violation of the law. For monitored systems, we ensure that tests are conducted regularly to verify that your system is online and functioning. In the event there is an issue with your system that shows up on our daily reports, we will notify you as soon as possible. Other companies will look the other way and place your home or your customers in jeopardy. This is an unacceptable business practice in our eyes!
- We will not sell you something you do not need. Many of those “zero money up-front” or “$99” companies are relying on your purchase of unnecessary items. We will not try to sell you on items that do not make sense or tell you that you need something when you don’t.
- We will spend the time and give you information about your system. Many companies will install the system and then leave without giving you critical information. We are your partner in safety and security. This means you will get the information you need and want!
Give us a call today to talk to our experienced representatives – 817-404-4664.